In the spring of 1950 Rev. and Mrs. Phillip McKee, moved to New Castle with the goal of establishing an Independent Baptist Church. Over the next several months Brother McKee worked at Chrysler Corporation, saved money, and made plans toward starting a church. On May 20, 1951 the first service was held in the McKee's home at 1470 Whittier Lane. On October 28, 1951 the organizational services were held at 1371 Whittier Lane in their recently constructed first Church Building. Under his leadership the church grew to be a strong independent Baptist Church. Brother McKee pastored Whittier Lane Baptist Church until his home-going in April of 1976.
Brother Frank Wood, Jr joined our staff in 2010 as our youth and music director. He and his wife Danielle, do a great job of working with the teens, and the Lord has used them to elevate the music program in our church.