In the spring of 1950 Rev. and Mrs. Phillip McKee, moved to New Castle with the goal of establishing an Independent Baptist Church. Over the next several months Brother McKee worked at Chrysler Corporation, saved money, and made plans toward starting a church. On May 20, 1951 the first service was held in the McKee's home at 1470 Whittier Lane. On October 28, 1951 the organizational services were held at 1371 Whittier Lane in their recently constructed first Church Building. Under his leadership the church grew to be a strong independent Baptist Church. Brother McKee pastored Whittier Lane Baptist Church until his home-going in April of 1976.
Reverend Frank Wood was called as our Pastor in May of 1976, and he and his wife, Wanda, have faithfully served the church these many years. Under Pastor Wood’s leadership the church has grown spiritually and numerically. Since 1986 we have remodeled and enlarged our auditorium, built a gymnasium/fellowship hall, and added several Sunday School class rooms. We have grown from one adult Sunday School class to four adult classes while maintaining our graded Sunday School from the nursery through Senior High Teens.
Brother Frank Wood, Jr joined our staff in 2010 as our youth and music director. He and his wife Danielle, do a great job of working with the teens, and the Lord has used them to elevate the music program in our church.
Brother Doug Keppel joined our staff in 2017 as our assistant pastor. He and his wife Meagan work alongside our Pastor and his wife assisting in many different areas of ministry.
A few years ago our theme for the year was “The Best Is Yet To Come”. Since that time the church has grown and experienced some great blessings, and we still believe that the Best Is Yet To Come!!